This Blog

This is a blog to show off my needlework, mainly crazy quilting, beading and crochet. It makes me happy to create these things and even more happy to share the fun with friends. Pictures of my beading projects are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/37765046@N00/sets/72057594083565963/

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pink Garden Progress


As promised, here are pictures of the orgami flowers along the bottom of the Pink Garden wall hanging. I used a pattern from Flower Origami by Kumiko Sudo. Coincidentally, Kumiko's books have recently been mentioned enthusiastically on the Crazy Quilt International listserve. This is the only book of hers I have. It merits the enthusiasm in my opinion. The flowers are fabic flowers and her instructions are very clear. I haven't been successful following directions for paper orgami, so I appreciate her descriptive skill a lot.
The brown flowers were purchased, made to fuse to fabric. I embellished them with beads. Getting started on this project feels great!

2 comments:

  1. Bobbi - hello! :-) I love your flowers and am off to search for that book (it's one I don't have). Stay warm! Hugs, Cathy K

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I just posted another comment asking if you had ever seen Kumiko's books ... didn't go far down enough in your blog to see you already know about her. I have all her books and LOVE them and talked about them plenty of times on CQI. She is one of my all time favorites and also has a lovely line of fabrics out.

    ReplyDelete

Followers