Okay, I had a little money left so I bought one package of silk ribbon, too. Then it turned out they were out of skeins of several of the colors I chose, so I bought the larger packages of those. Anyway, I'm happy with them. I hurried to try one out on my red orange and apple green block (I need a better name for this block. Suggestions?) Here is a butterfly seam treatment from Carol Samples' book.
I also used it for the seam at the bottom of this picture.
So far, I'm not sure I like it all that much better than DMC cotton floss. Shush! Mary Corbett does say the cotton floss will eventually lose it's sheen. Haven't noticed that.
The stem of the flower above this seam is made of little metal springs my friend Kent gave me. He is an instrument technician for NASA Goddard. These were removed during referbishing from an instrument that flew on a space shuttle.
Another thing I did on the block is enhance the butterfly wings printed on the fabric with couched silver thread, shisha mirrors and beads.
That's my latest update on this block. The too hot weather here is keeping me in, so I hope I can finish it soon. Other projects are waiting.