This Blog

This is a blog to show off my needlework, mainly crazy quilting, beading and crochet. It makes me happy to create these things and even more happy to share the fun with friends. Pictures of my beading projects are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/37765046@N00/sets/72057594083565963/

Saturday, June 25, 2011

June in Carolina Beach

Last week I visited my son Joe and his wife Danielle in Carolina Beach, NC. We had a very nice time.

There are a lot of feral cats in their neighborhood and they love them. They rescued two injured kittens which became house cats. They've captured and neutered several more including the main mother and feed them outside. Here is Joe with one of the outdoors cats. They are all named, but I don't know which one this is. Joe and Danielle do.


When they bought the house in Carolina Beach, it had this striking painted metal salmander sculpture on the outside.


I was surprised to see it in new colors this time.


We spent a pleasant afternnoon in historic Willmington on the river. Here are Joe and Danielle under a sculpture of the endangered Venus flycatcher, now confined to the Carolina coastal area.


We took a ghost tour led by actor John Scott.


Carolina Beach has a summer carnival with fireworks on Thursday nights.


It's a good community I enjoy visiting. Except for having to fly to visit, I'm glad Joe and Danielle moved there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers