This Blog

This is a blog to show off my needlework, mainly crazy quilting, beading and crochet. It makes me happy to create these things and even more happy to share the fun with friends. Pictures of my beading projects are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/37765046@N00/sets/72057594083565963/

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Two current projects




I'm working on two projects, one beading and one crazy quilt.








The beading project is a cover for a needle book. Mary Tod introduced this book to our crazy quilt group. It describes and provides size guides for various types of needles and has a piece of wool felt adjoining to keep your examples of the type. The pages are 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inches, comb bound. The title is The Needle Index, published by Valley Quail Chapter, EGA (ValleyQuail@comcast.net.) Our group was so taken with the book we made a multiple order to supply most of us. I'm planning to make the book part of a new carry-along sewing kit.
I'm using as base fabric a piece of muslin that I indigo dyed last summer during a festival at the National Textile Museum in Washington, DC. I trust I'll have enough to decorate some additional pieces for the kit.








The crazy quilt project is a result of my joining the crazyquiltinternational Yahoo group at Susan Elliott's suggestion. She's also in our crazy quilt group. Someone on the group reported they had made a block from the little scraps of fabric left over from other projects. I was inspired to make one of my own and make a challenge to the group to do the same. Here is the 12 inch block I made. It's posted in the group gallery and several people said it looks old fashioned. So, I've decided to embellish it totally in thread embroidery to keep it old-fashioned looking.

1 comment:

  1. I really am intrigued by this scrap quilt...can't wait to see how it comes together- it has some depth Bobbi, almost like your looking down into a hole with that stripe fabric at the bottom...ok, maybe it's the drugs I'm on -- but i'm SO HAPPY to see you here!

    ReplyDelete

Followers